Sunday, March 18, 2012

Black with Envy

Tell me, oh White!
Why does the world hate me so?
That when I leave a mark on you, they say I have tainted your purity,
When in fact, I suck into my indelible void, all that attempts to obscure you.
I guard you.

Tell me why the world hates me so, oh White!
That they chose you as the herald of light, the merger of rainbows,
When in fact, I am but your complement, the template of your existence.
I encode you.

Tell me! Make me understand!
Why they adorn me in death, when it is you they saw last, before they closed their eyes to life?
Why they revere you as the backdrop when it is I who outlines their subsistence?

Why I am smoke whilst you are fog.


And then you accuse me of being Black?

How dare you, when it was you who stole the colours from my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment