Saturday, October 20, 2012

Don't be inhibited by who you think you are, because who you wish to be makes who you are, You.


This is my world-

The equator is a mirror.
The South Pole is my past.
The North Pole, my goal.
I am in the Northern Hemisphere, and my reflection in the Southern.
I am walking along the equator.
My Northern fingertips run along my Southern,
And I know that if I keep walking in this direction, I’ll go round and round in circles, and never get to the North Pole.
So I let go off my fingers and tilt 30 degrees towards the Prime Meridian.
But I’m still stuck in this infinite loop.
And this will continue to be,
Unless I lose energy, and spiral outwards,
Or break free, and walk perpendicularly.

Break free.

2 comments:

  1. Or do club hauling. That is applicable only to ships. But ships (as opposed to aircrafts of land vehicles) are a good metaphor for people as they journey the sea of life. All the pressures of living in a society and the numerous expectations of the people close to you, restrict your maneuverability. You can no longer simply do what you set your mind to. People around you will try to prevent you from changing. In other words, you no longer have enough steerage.

    So you do the only thing you can do. Assuming you are already at your break neck speed on your current equatorial course, drop the anchor. Your ship will pivot around the point and as it points in the direction in which you wanna go, cut the anchor loose and maintain speed.

    Watch Pirates of Caribbean or Battleship for how that's done.

    As for how that metaphor might translate to real life, you already know a good example. Into the wild. (Yes, I saw it too on your suggestion)

    ReplyDelete